***It is a good idea before removing anything to first mark the centerline of the wheel well / quarter panel (using painters tape or any non-marring method/material) in direct relation to the vertical axis of your wheel / hub so that you will have an alternative reference line to help center the cross member on the frame rail should the factory or after market locating holes be damaged or non-existent.
***By deleting the standard brakes and spindles that come with our suspension kit we credit the money towards a Wilwood kit. Wilwood kits in this context reflect the lower price because of the credit. Wilwood kits bought individually on the website outside of the context of a suspension kit purchase WILL NOT match the discounted cost you receive when deleting the standard brakes within the suspension kit at the time of purchase.
The main features of this coil over spring package is the ability to mechanically adjust the ride height of your car in a matter of minutes. The corner control it gives along with the much needed engine bay clearance makes it our top seller!
This kit can also be configured to allow the use of air ride shocks.
All that would be left for you to supply would be a disc brake master cylinder and an engine with the rear sump oil pan. Everything else needed to finish and put your car back on the road is included with this conversion kit.
At Rod & Custom, we use Autodesk CAD programs, both 2d and 3d/solid modeling. FEA (Finite Element Analysis) is also employed to assure our design is strong and safe.
- New crossmember and ride height adjustable upper coil over mounts along with engine mount stands for your engine choice.
- New 4-pc. complete upper and lower tubular A-arm set with hardware.
- New steel stock height MII spindles for stock height OR 2’’ drop available that will lower car 2 full inches over OE height.
- New complete 11’’ single piston OE brake kit w/stainless flex lines. Brake upgrades available. See related items.
- New manual rack and pinion with bushings and 2 new tie rod ends and mounting hardware. Optional power rack available.
- Complete engine mount set for small block (Ford or Chevy) 351W, 351C, 429-460, or FE (390, 427, 428) is included.
- New manual or power rack (your choice) with fittings, bushings, and bolts.
- 1’’ powder-coated sway bar with all mounting bracketry and end links with Prothane bushings and hardware. Prothane urethane anti-squeak super lube also included and it works!
- Left and right tower replacement panels.
- New steering hookup kit which includes the rack joint, column joint, and the rack to column shaft, along with the column modification kit for OE column users.
- QA1 coilover shocks and springs with grade 8 mounting hardware. It is fully adjustable for shock ride and the adjustable bracket system provides complete height control!
- Detailed instructions are included with all kits along with preferential customer technical assistance.
Available for: 65-73 Mustangs, 67-70 Cougars, 62-69 Fairlanes, 66-69 Cyclones, 68-71 Torinos, 60-70 Falcons, Wagons, Rancheros, Convertibles and all Mavericks and Comets.
Please note: All MII suspension designs require the use of the rear/double sump car style pan for these systems due to the front steer design, this is required no matter the manufacturer. If you need help locating the correct pan give us a call!
Made in the U.S.A.